The Following is an agreement to the financial and operational policies of Taxi Mom. Policies are subject to
change at management’s discretion upon written notice.
This is an agreement between Taxi Mom, LLC and franchisee’s doing business as (“Taxi Mom”) and the parent(s) or legal guardian who have signed below. Under this agreement you agree to pay Taxi Mom to transport your student to and from school in accordance with the terms provided in this agreement.
1. Fees.Weekly and Bi-weekly Fees are due and payable at the beginning of each school week (Monday). NEW families that choose to be invoiced, must log into the portal or mobile app to make your weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payments. Other payment methods such as cash, check, or money order need to be approved by the office. If a school holiday falls on a Monday and you don’t pay online, please note that payments will be due in the form of cash, money order or a post-dated check on the Friday before the holiday to avoid late fees! Online payments or auto draft payments are still due on Mondays.
Monthly Fees: Taxi Mom bills every 4 weeks based on the calendar month. Please note that there are 5 weeks in a month but we will stay consistent with billing 4 weeks at a time. Auto draft monthly payments are set to draft every 4 weeks (28 days). Please contact our office for other arrangements.
If Fees are not paid Monday by 11:59pm CST, a late Fee of $25 will be assessed based on your chosen payment method of weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. Failure to stay current with your student’s Fees may result in the loss of your student’s seat with Taxi Mom and will be blocked from logging into your account and will constitute a default which will entitle Taxi Mom to all remedies as prescribed by law, including reasonable attorney’s fees. There is a $35.00 return check fee for all check writers. One returned check; your account will go to a cash only method or auto pay will be enforced to keep your account in good standing. It is imperative that you contact us if you run into a problem with payment. Once your account goes into a two week delinquency; you will be locked out of your account and no ride will be available for your student.
2. ADDITIONAL PAYMENTS:In addition to your weekly tuition, if your student is in extra-curricular activities such as basketball, tennis, football, band or any other programs the schools have to offer, please be prepared to pay additional fees per day on top of your weekly fee.
Additional fees based on requested time must be approved by our office. You will see the approval in the parent portal or mobile app. : (Based on availability) & includes IL Texas Eagle Academy requests.
5:00pm - $20
5:30pm - $25
6:00pm - $30
6:30pm - $35
7:00pm - $40
**NOTE** If you are a regular weekly rider, whether your student rides zero days or five days out of the week, you must pay your weekly rate in order to continue having a seat for your student and avoid the $25 late fee. _______(Initials)
Daily riders: If you are a consistent daily rider, you ARE required to pay your regular daily rate
whether your student rides or not which includes the breaks and holidays.
WINTER BREAK, INTERCESSION WEEKS, and/or VIRTUAL DAYS : 50% of your weekly rate is due during these breaks. (Based on school calendar) SPRING BREAK and THANKSGIVING BREAK : This week will need to be paid as a regular week. (No
exceptions) _______(Initials) Note: Please refer to ourFAQpage on our website for any answers regarding payment.
UNFORESEEN EVENTS :In an unforeseen event of a major shutdown, such as COVID-19, we will charge 4 weeks total at 50% of your weekly rate. RESERVATION FEE: At the end of the school year, a $25.00 non-refundable reservation fee is required to hold a spot for your student for the new school year.
3. RULES OF SAFETY ON THE VANS.Seat belts MUST be worn at all times.NO STANDING is allowed on the shuttles when in operation. For the passenger’s safety, the driver MUST be obeyed during pick up, transport, and delivery. You agree that Taxi Mom will not be legally responsible for any injuries in the case of an accident if you or your student is injured due to failure to wear a seat belt, remove a seat belt, or is standing at the time of an accident. Seats may be assigned, if necessary. ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY... Inappropriate behavior is unacceptable. Fighting, arguing or physical contact with other passengers will NOT be tolerated. We reserve the right to terminate shuttle rides for disruptive students and students refusing to wear a seatbelt. (This also applies to parents.) Our goal is to advocate for equality and unite with our communities to ensure all kids are given a safe environment to grow up in.
4. REQUIREMENTS PERTAINING TO ILLNESS:It is our duty to provide a safe, clean, and healthy environment for our students as well as our staff. It is your responsibility to keep your student home if he/she isn’t feeling well. Our staff will be required to take each student’s temperature daily prior to entering the van. If your student has a low grade temperature (99 degrees or higher); we will not transport your student to/from their location and you will be notified.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Applicant is fully aware of the current pandemic and the inherent risks involved. The customer is aware that the majority of serious cases and deaths contributing to this virus are in people over 60 years old.
Taxi Mom (referred to here as “the Business”) has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, like any public place, could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
By signing this agreement:
_______(initial) I acknowledgethe contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by visiting or coming on to the Business’ property and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
_____ (initial) I understand that the riskof becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at the Business may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Business’ employees, volunteers, and program participants and their families.
_____ (initial) I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risksand accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself for (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance or presence at the Business or participation in the Business’ programming, events, or appointments (“Claims”).
______ (initial) I hereby release,covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Business, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
______ (initial) I understand and agreethat this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of the Business, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Business program, event, or appointment.
5. HYGIENE: As your student ages, their bodies begin to change and body odor can be the enemy. We encourage our families to work with us to combat this embarrassing problem that could potentially cause bullying towards your student outside of our watchful eye.
6. SPECIAL NEEDS:Please specify any medical conditions, allergies, or special requirements for your student. We will attempt to accommodate your student’s needs. If we are not able to do so to our mutual satisfaction this agreement will terminate.
7. ADDITIONAL RIDERS:From time to time our riders want a friend to ride with us and this can cause a problem if we don’t know in advance due to space. In order to accommodate your student(s), we must have a call in advance from the parent and an additional fee of $20.00 will be charged to your account. The rules of safety on the vans apply to additional riders as well.
Please note that there is a new law regarding the transportation of students between the ages of 4 and 8, if your student weighs less than 80 pounds and is not age 8 or is not 4’9 in height, a booster seat is required. It is the responsibility of the parent to provide us with a booster seat.
In signing this Agreement, you acknowledge that you understand that there is risk involved in the transportation of your student. Taxi Mom will use its best efforts to transport your student safely. By signing this form you are releasing Taxi Mom from any and all claims debts, damages, costs, demands, liabilities, suits, judgments, and causes of action of whatever kind or nature, whether known or unknown, vested or contingent, suspected or unsuspected and waiving your right to sue us except in the case of gross negligence on the part of Taxi Mom. If there is a dispute between us you agree that the venue and forum for the resolution of the dispute will be in the appropriate court in Collin County Texas.
8. ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND OTHER PERSONAL EFFECTS:Taxi Mom is not responsible for lost or stolen devices or other personal effects left in the vehicle. Please notify us immediately if your student has left his/her item in the vehicle and we will use our best efforts to find and return the item the following day.
9. MORNING PICK UP:When the student is picked up in the morning hours, we will have our staff use their best efforts to oversee that the student locks the door on their way out of the house and we ensure a safe and timely arrival to school. Our drivers will wait approximately 2 minutes for your student, if your student is not ready, our driver will leave to finish their route. We will come back around to pick your student up after our routes are completed and an additional fee of $ 10 will be added to your account. It is important that your student be ready in order to get to school on time. If for any reason your student cannot ride on any particular morning, please call or text us one hour before your pick up time. Failure to communicate with us after the second
time will incur an additional fee of $10 each time.
9. AFTERNOON PICK UP:Our drivers work with each school for location of pick up. All riders will be waiting together to get on the vehicle. Elementary schools are normally picked up in the daycare line. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify their school that their student will be riding Taxi Mom.
Junior High and High School students need to be ready in the front of the school or designated meeting area for all Taxi Mom riders based on the driver’s preference. We will determine a location during the first week. We will wait 10 minutes after the first bell. If your student is not ready, we will leave to finish our route. Additional fees will be charged to your account if we have to come back around. Fee’s will vary depending on the circumstances.
SCHEDULE Changes:If for any reason your student will be staying after school for tutoring or practice of some sort, please notify us by 2PM to arrange a later pick up via the mobile app or parent portal. (office approval required) We ask that you communicate any changes including absences or if your student becomes sick at school. Note: if you don’t re-schedule prior to 2pm, there are chances we can’t come back around.COMMUNICATION is the utmost importance to ensure your student has a ride.
10. HOURS OF OPERATION:Taxi Mom runs Monday through Friday, August through June, between the hours of 6:00 am to 5:00 pm. We will be closed at least for the following holidays: School Holidays, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, New Year's Day, and Memorial Day. Contact Taxi Mom for exact dates of holidays and any additional closings. No portion of your weekly payment or outstanding fees will be refunded or cancelled in the event of absence, sickness, holiday, school closings, or cancellation of this agreement with Taxi Mom.
11. TERMINATION OF SERVICES:(2 Week Notice) You can terminate this agreement at any time once we receive a two- week notice. If you do not give us the two week notice; a $25.00 termination fee will be payable in addition to the balance of your account, including one (1) full week of tuition (example: If you pay $35.00 per week and do not give us a notice, your payment will consist of $35.00 plus $25.00 to clear your account).
12. VIDEO/PHOTO RELEASE:I hereby GIVE my permission for images of my student captured during home/school transportation through video, photo and digital camera, to be used solely for the purposes of Taxi Mom promotional material and publications, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto._______(Initials)
I hereby DO NOT give my permission for any images of my student._______(Initials)
13. INCLEMENT WEATHER:We will continue running our service based on each district’s announcements regarding inclement weather.
If you agree with the terms of this agreement, please sign below and return to Taxi Mom before
services begin or click on the YES button on the website.
Parent or Guardian Name (Print):
I/We have reviewed the Taxi Mom Parent Agreement and understand and agree to the terms of enrollment either written or electronically by agreeing to YES on our website.